BSR is currently the only company in the world that provides approved conversion kits for petrol cars making it possible to use ethanol. All kits fullfil the rules and regulations set by swedish gouvernment. Also, BSR provides E85 tuning kits to several car models.
Our conversion kits makes it possible to run on either E85 or petrol or any mix between the two.
A car equipped with a BSR conversion kit can be registered as an ECO vehicle and will hereby receive several benefits:
• Free parking in several cities
• Lowered vehicle tax
• Rediced tax level for company cars
• Up to a 50% subsidy of the conversion in Kalmar
• At this point in time, cars that are converted with a BSR kit after january 1st 2009 will not be releaved of the Stockholm road tolls. However BSR is trying to influence politicians to allow converted vehicles the same benefits as new ECO vehicles.The government has proposed that converted vehicles should be classified as "ECO vehicles” granting them exclusion from road tolls in Stockholm city centre, free parking etc. Several Parliament parties have, influenced by BSR, presented bills proposing that converted vehicles should be allowed some kind of environment grant.
Vehicles equipped with BSR approved conversion kits:
• BSR gives emission warranty according to current laws
• Standard insurance policy applies with most insurance companies
• Improved performance with E85.
Vehicles equipped with BSR approved conversion kits and tuning kits:
• Use what fuel you like. Depending on price situation you can optimize your fuel costs.
• BSR conversion and tuning kits are easily installed. No special prior knowledge required.
• Fossile based emissions of CO2 and CO are reduced by 70%.
• 50% cut in HC and NOx based emissions.
BSR environmental milestones
Sinve 1997 BSR have worked with ethanol projects and was acting referral body during the legislation process. BSR developed the worlds first ethanol powered rally car back in 2003. We have received numerous awards, such as ”Clean Tech f?retag” (Dagens Milj?), ”?rets f?retagare 2007” (V?xj?), Svenska Bilsportf?rbundets Milj?pris 2008 and ”Gr?nt f?red?me” (Gr?na Bilister 2008).